Aug 04, 2021
Butte Elementary Education Program Requirements: Preferred Sequence
* UM Western Course offered at Tech
** MT Tech Courses that will count toward UMW B.S. Elementary Education Degree
- WRIT 101 - College Writing I 3 credits **
- EDU 201 - Intro to Edu. W/Field Exprnce 4 credits *
- EDU 222 - Edu. Psyc & Child Devlpmt 4 credits *
- ART 101 - Fundamentals of Art 4 credits *
- OR -
- MUSI 201 - Intro. to Music History 4 credits *
- EDU 229 - Reading & Writ. Connections K-8 3 credits *
- M xxx - Math Course Above M 095 3 credits **
- DR 101 - Intro. to Drama Fundamentals 4 credits *
- BIOB 101 - Discover Biology 4 credits **
- COMS 115 - Computer Competency Exam *
- HHP 241 - Personal * CommunityHlth 4 credits *
- COMS 115 - Compt Competency Exam
*Math Elective: Note the pre-requisite for Physics is M 121 - College Algebra .
**Computer Competency Exam: Must be passed before phase I. If not passed, students must take COMS 115 to help them pass. Only one chance is given before they are required to take COMS 115. Test administered by Kathy Shipman.
**PSCI 210 : Fulfills ISSS121 UMW.
- LIT 282 - Child & Young Adult Lit 4 credits *
- EDU 311 - Cultures, Divrs. & Ethics in Global Ed. 4 credits *
- EDU 370 - Integrating Technology into Education 4 credits *
- EDU 382 - Assessment, Curriculum, & Instruction 4 credits *
TEP Phase I background Check must be completed along with TEP Aplication.
- EDU 385 - Math for Elem. Schools w/Pedgogy 4 credits *
- EDU 438/9 - Lit, Assmnt, Dgns, Instrt, & practicum 3/1 credits *
- HHP 374 - Elementary School Health & PE 4 credits *
- EDU 397 - Integrated Arts for All Leaners 4 credits *
- EDU 379 - Music/Art Methods for Elem. Teachers *
- EDU 397 - Methods: Sci, & Math. Inquiry 4 credits *
- HHP 454 - Adapted Physical Education & Rec. 4 credits *
- EDU 340 - Classroom Management 4 credits **
- Electives 4 credits ** +
- EDU 495 - Student Teaching 8 credits *
- EDU 384 - School Law & Advocacy K-12 4 credits *
TEP Phase II & Senior Seminar
BS: Elementary Education Total Credits: 128
- A certificate of first aid and safety (including Infant, Child, & Adult CPR, Child & Adult AED), is required or all Elementary Education major prior to student teaching.
- The computer competency exam must be taken and passed. If not passed students must take COMS 115.
- Students must apply for admission to the Montana Western Teacher Education Program their sophomore year. Contact Montana Western advisor at MT Tech for details.
- CONTACT: Kathy Shipman email@example.com 496-4852, or 683-7016, or 925-0225.
- Students attend mandatory student teaching meetings before requesting locations for placement. These meetings will be held at MT Tech.
- Senior Seminar is conducted on UMW’s campus upon completion of all requirements of student teaching.